Thursday, March 17, 2011

My biggest project to date!

Ok, so I got a little ambitious and perhaps a tad carried away, but I got it into my little head that I would create a Tree of Life pendant entirely out of sterling silver wires and semi-precious gemstones.  Sounds easy right?  I mean other people have made them and made many, so how hard could it be?

The answer?  Not hard...just a big pain in the behind!  I've started off by taking thick sterling silver wire and handformed it into a pendant frame and bail.  Now I'm in the process of tediously wire-wrapping the whole frame in super thin sterling silver wire.  Considering the frame is about 1.25" long and 1" wide, this could take a while...especially since I've got an energetic 16 month old to take care of and a bunch of household chores to catch up on.  LOL.

Ok, back to the grind.  I'll post pictures as soon as I'm done...whenever that will be!  :)  Thanks for reading and don't forget to visit http://www.sparkliesbyjulie.com/ and www.facebook.com/sparkliesbyjulie!

Julie
See something you like? Then Pin It! and share!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2008 - 2012. Sparklies by Julie. All rights reserved.