Friday, May 20, 2011

Metal stamped, personalized jewelry is here!

I know I haven't been as diligent as I should be about keeping my blog updated.  Sorry. :)  So here goes!  I've finally dived into a new jewelry making method!  Metal stamping!  Yay!  It's so much fun and I love being able to create one-of-a-kind, customizable items.  It is a bit tricky and nerve-racking.  I mean I have to make sure that all the letters are lined up correctly and evenly, or that the design stamp is dead center.  Or that when I hole-punch, the hole is where it's suppose to be.  There's also the worry that I have to hit the stamp with the hammer just so, so it won't cause an unwanted dent or that it won't warp the metal.  Then there's the worry of scratching the metal!  Cause as you've figured out...you mess it up and you can't take it back!  It's not like beading where if I don't like the look, I can just take it apart and start over again.  Once I've stamped the metal...well, it's pretty much permanent and if I don't like it, I'm outta luck.  I either have to find a way to make it work or dump it.  And as I found out...sterling silver prices are on the rise so it can be an expensive mistake.  Geez, so much to look out for...and I actually love it all!  It can get addicting, I keep finding all these design stamps I want and new fonts I want to create into metal stamps and it gets soo expensive!  It's hard to pick and chose which ideas I want to invest in right now and which to put on the back burner.  Decisions, decisions! :D

I've created a couple of new items for my shop and am in the process of making more hand-stamped jewelry for sale.   Keep checking my facebook page and my shop for more new items as I get them posted!  And again, thanks for reading my blog!  Click here to visit my facebook page: www.facebook.com/sparkliesbyjulie and my store: http://www.sparkliesbyjulie.com/.

Julie



We ♥ GRANDMA necklace • sterling silver pendant, hammered, then handstamped with 'We ♥ GRANDMA.'  Swarovski birthstones are wirewrapped to the bottom of the disc. Custom orders only.

My 3 Wishes • Each name is a wish come true!  Three cascading sterling silver disc handstamped with your children's names, one letter at a time.  Comes with three Swarovski birthstones.  Custom orders only.

MOM necklace • The pendant is a sterling silver 5/8" (about the size of a dime) disc handstamped with the word MOM and a design stamp of your choice in the center (shown with swirly heart).  Custom orders only.

See something you like? Then Pin It! and share!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2008 - 2012. Sparklies by Julie. All rights reserved.